Thursday, January 26, 2017
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
- 2 Bananas, ripe
- 1 Egg
- 1 Maple syrup
Baking & Spices
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
Oils & Vinegars
- 1 Vegetable oil
Nuts & Seeds
- 1/2 Walnuts
- 1 1/4 Cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas with the milk, egg and melted butter.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet, stirring to combine, then stir in the nuts. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat and add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, allowing it to heat for 2 to 3 minutes. (See Kelly's Notes.)
In batches, scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter into the pan to form pancakes. Cook the pancakes on one side until bubbles appear in the center, then flip them once and continue cooking them until they're no longer doughy in the center. Serve the pancakes with your choice of toppings, including maple syrup, fresh fruit or whipped cream.
Monday, January 16, 2017
Today is MLK Day and I and my family will be volunteering to give back at our local food bank. When I was a child the food bank was one of my mothers favorite places to volunteer.
Monday, January 9, 2017
Theses sliders are quick and delicious. I used a rotisserie chicken that was already cooked from Walmart which made this breeze to prepare and serve by 6 pm when movie night started.
Whiskey and Beer BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups lager beer, such as a pilsner
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Frank's™ RedHot™ Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 12 slider buns, split
- 12 pimiento-stuffed green olives, if desired
- 1 In 2-quart saucepan, heat sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- 2 In medium microwavable bowl, place chicken; cover. Microwave on High 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. Add shredded chicken to sauce in saucepan, stir to coat.
- 3 Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on bottom of each slider bun; top with bun top. Garnish each sandwich with green olive.
Friday, January 6, 2017
Some days I feel like throwing every thing up in the air and letting the pieces fall where they may.
Have a Great Weekend Abigail Madison Chase