Monday, December 29, 2014

Forever Young/Happy Birthday to ME

Today's my birthday! 
I was born on a snowy December 29, O so many years ago. I'll embrace my age when it hurts someone else to not know it.
Birthdays are those awesome landmarks that acknowledge our transition from one age to another. Year after year they come and go.
    The older we get, the less we celebrate our special day of birth.
      Our first birthday is often like the wind, the sixteenth, eighteenth and twenty first, are like a fresh breath of air we are taking. We exhale on our thirtieth,  then our fortieth, and fiftieth come with much fanfare and woe.
      I enjoyed my birthday this year. It was filled with good friends, family and great food. I had a couple of slices of my favorite chocolate cake along with chicken salad sandwiches and ice cream. I must admit, I over indulged and loved it.
My 2014 birthday has come and gone but I remain forever young.

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico