Tuesday, August 5, 2014

At The End of The Day


“At the end of the day”

I’ve heard the expression so often I’ve taken it for granted. I often wonder if people just care how things turn out at the end of the day instead of how the entire day progresses.

“At the end of the day” never captures totality of ones day in its entirety.   “At the end of the day” when I lay my head down on the pillow problems still reign supreme, whatever messes I did not clean-up are still there and “at the end of the day” I am still trying to figure out the entire day.

I don’t know maybe those who value the end of the day are right. All that matters is the end not the beginning or the middle. Sitting at my desk, sitting on a pot of hot chocolate, I don’t see the end of the day as an end measure of how things are going. I see the beginning as a start, the middle as a chance for growth or change and the end as a time of reflection on all that was left unsaid or done.

“At the end of the day” for me there is much that still needs to be done and much reflection that is needed to make the next day better. I am not a philosopher or a theologian so “at the end of the day” I am still stuck at the beginning.
Abby
 
 

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico