Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Thomas Crown Affair & The American President

 
 
I absolutely adore the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair with Pierce Brosnon and Rene Russo. Almost as much as I adore The American President with Kirk Douglas and Annette Bennett.
It’s hard to find great love stories with older women and men as characters. Most often love is for the young and fleetingly beautiful. O’ how I hate I missed the golden age of movies when An Affair to Remember was on the big screen.

The cat and mouse game that these two older couples play, always seems richer and deeper. I was a rather young woman when both The American President and The Thomas Crown remake came to the screen, but I appreciated the depth of the characters and the beauty in the way that each couple seemed too timed and shy with each other.

I am a sucker for love…..

Abby
 

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico