Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Power Within Abigail


Glenda the Good Witch tells Dorothy she had the power within her all along. As I sit and reflect this Sunday morning, I am reminded that often we have the power within us all along.

There is no greater way to find out the power you have, then to be set adrift, no anchor, very little food and water in a dingy in the ocean.  One learns very quickly to send up homemade flares, preserve what little food and water you have until you reach the shore.

Watching the sun come up, I realize the over the course of the last couple of years I have used the power within to survive alone adrift in life with very little. I am grateful that my homemade flares worked, I had enough food and water and I was anchored to people who were my anchor.

Glenda the Good Witch was right we have the power within us.

Abby

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico