Monday, May 9, 2016

Abigail’s Slushy Addiction





I love slushes and I have a cabinet full of blenders to prove it. No matter the season like ice cream slushies' are a guilty pleasure I look forward to indulging in all year long. Lately, I have found the most incredible recipes online to add to my recipe book of slushy recipes. Just the other day I found the most incredible recipe for a Strawberry Peach Wine Slushy on hungry happens.com.
O’ my good this is the most incredible recipe I’ve had in a couple of week. I look forward to making this slushy lost this summer.

Abby

A 3 ingredient summer necessity when day-drinking vino...  it's VERY "refreshing"
Also thinking to try it with coconut water next time...
Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle white wine (like Sauvignon Blanc)
  • 2 peaches, blanched, peeled, sliced & frozen
  • 2 cups strawberries, sliced & frozen
Directions:
In a blender, combine the 2 cups wine and the peaches.  Puree until smooth.  Pour mixture in a medium bowl.
Add the strawberries and remaining wine to the blender and puree until smooth.
If the mixtures are too liquidy, place then in the freezer until they "slush up" - mixing them every 15 minutes.
You can make these in advance and defrost for 15 minutes at room temp. before serving.
Yields 4 slushies.
Recipe adapted from dessertfortwo.com
....delicious happens
http://www.hungryhappens.com/recipes/snack-drink/strawberry-peach-wine-slushies.html

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico