Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Abigail's Found LOVE with a French Almond Cookie Cake with Apricot Cream Cheese Glaze


A really good friend is spending time in the kitchen and I and her family are reaping the benefits. The other day while I was out shopping I received a call from Diana asking me to stop by and pick up cookie cake.

I have to admit I've never been a big fan of cookie cakes. But, given the fact I'd just bought a pint of ice cream I thought I would give the cookie cake a shot since it was not chocolate chip (I hate chocolate chips).

OMG! French Almond Cookie Cake with Apricot Cream Cheese Glaze is heavens favor ambrosia. I am in love with this cookie cake and I found the recipe. While I want be able to duplicate it, I hope others will.


Abby

Ingredients:

Cake
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick + half of 1 stick)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons almond extract
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
about 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, optional for sprinkling (I did not use)
Apricot Cream Cheese Glaze
3/4 to 1 cup apricot-peach jam (or a pineapple, peach, apricot or favorite jam)
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon almond extract

Directions:

  1. Cake - Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch cake round with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
  2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, about 75 seconds. Allow butter to cool momentarily so you don't scramble the egg.
  3. Add all remaining cake ingredients (except flour) and whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour until just combined; don't overmix. Turn batter out into prepared pan. Top with optional slivered almonds.
  4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden and set, and edges will be firmer and pulling away slightly from sides of pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
  5. Allow cake to cool in pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and allow it to cool completely. While cake cools, make the glaze.
  6. Apricot Cream Cheese Glaze - Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined, or beat with a mixer until combined. Spread glaze on top of cake (don't not have to be completely cooled), slice and serve. Cake will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I refrigerated it because of the cream cheese, glaze but if omitting or using another kind of glaze, cake can be stored at airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico