Saturday, April 25, 2015

I have a passion for unrelated things.































 
I have a passion for unrelated things.

The other day I was cleaning out my closet and I found a watch, an umbrella, galoshes and a picture of the moon.
 

The Watch

The purple and gold watch was a flight of fancy that hit me last year. For some crazy reason I bought a watch. I have never been one to wear watches although I admire them on the arms of others and in catalogs. The watch was still in the box and had never been opened. Rather than open it and disturb it I put it on the top shelf with a note for my daughter.

Dear, Shelby,

I found this watch on April 23, 2015. It’s new and has never been worn. I kinda, sorta remember purchasing it last year. I am putting it on the top shelf of my closet so that after I am gone you can find it and remember what a nut job your mom was.

Always Mom

The Umbrella

I love umbrellas and I love to lose umbrellas. It’s not unusual for me to buy two or three umbrellas at once only to find on rainy days I have no umbrella to speak of.  The umbrella I found in my closet was bout about two years ago because it reminded me of singing in the rain.

 Galoshes

Like umbrellas I love galoshes. They always make me smile and think of singing in the rain. I remember buying the galoshes at a rummage sale for 25cent about five years ago. They haven't gotten much use but I still love them.

 
The Moon

I always wanted to be an astronaut. If not for a lack of aptitude in math and science I could have conquered space. I feed my love of the moon with random pictures of the moon that allow me to dream.

 
I live random unconnected things.

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico