Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Who Would I invite to Dinner?

I am Chasing Abigail’s Heart for the entire month of April.  I am highlighting all my random and kooky thoughts

If I could have a dinner party with anyone dead are alive I would chose 15 guest and who may they be you ask

Alexander the Great- I love Alexander he was a cool before it was cool

Herodotus- Who wouldn’t love this guy. He is the father of history

Cardinal of the 426A.D. Conclave-I want him to tell me how the books of the Bible were selected

Plinty The Elder- I want to hear his firsthand account of Pompeii’s day of destruction

Moses- I want to know how he felt seeing the Promise land and not being able to enter

Eleanor Roosevelt-Because she was a bad azz long before it was cool for women to be

Jacques Molay- the 23rd and last Grand Master of the Knights Templar –I know he knows a lot of shiat maybe I can find out where the Ark of The Covenant is buried

Ramses the Pharaoh- Pharaoh who opposed Moses I want to hear his side of the story

Catherine of Aragon- very interesting woman her story interesting the first wife to King Henry the eighth she had to put up with a lot.

George Washington Carver-I would love to talk with him about science

Bass Reeves- Bass  the first black US Marshall and he was as bad azz as they come.  

JFK- the man is absolutely fascinating

Jackie Kennedy-Like her husband Mrs. Kennedy is fascinating

Crispus Atticus- I would to hear his thoughts on slavery and being black in America during the his time

Hannibal- I would love talk strategy with him.

Admiral Zheng He- I want to know if he really discovered America and how he built his boats

Mary McLeod Bethune- I want to speak with her about education and the legacy of women in a historical context

Susan B. Anthony –I would love to discuss with Susan B. Anthony the relationship between the Suffrage Movement and women gaining rights to employment and birth control in the 70’s

Mary Church Terrell- The first black woman to earn a college degree-She was leader and scholar long before it become ok for black women to educate. I would love to discuss the role of women in her era versus the 21st century.

Cady Stanton –She was a part of the Suffrage Movement and I would like to discuss the role of women and how it has changed since her time.
 

 Dinner Menu

Cheesy Corn Casserole
Sage Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Bacon
Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Blueberry and Corn Salad with Prosciutto
Fajita Pasta Salad
Cucumber and Onion Salad
Brown-Sugared Carrots






Dessert

Fig Almond Tea Cake with Coconut Honey Glaze
Iced honey mascarpone and almond cake with figs
Chocolate Caramel Apples
Caramel Corn Caramel Cake

 
After Dinner Spirits

Remy Martin Louis XIII Rare Cask 42,6 Cognac
Peach Long Island Iced Tea

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico