Sunday, December 20, 2015

Abigail and Christmas Trees


When I was a kid we always had a live Christmas tree. It is with fond memories that I harken the days of my childhood during the Christmas holidays. I don’t think there is anything as beautiful finding, cutting down and decorating a live tree. During the holidays, I always remember the time my family spent around the tree. The time that my family spent decorating the tree, enjoying hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music was always special.

While I have these memories, my children only know artificial trees.

The love that I have for live Christmas trees has over the course of eighteen years spilled over to artificial trees. Each year I take pride in filling my kids’ lives with the memories I have of decorating the Christmas tree. Hours upon hour is spent around the Christmas tree decorating, enjoying hot chocolate and laughs. 

It is my deep and abiding hope that as the years roll by and I am a distant memory the tradition of the Christmas tree either live or artificial will still live on within my family.

Abigail

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico