Monday, May 18, 2015

Abigail's Project Horizon:1967



I’ve always had a fascination with the moon and on last year when the government released declassified documents on a proposed moon base. I was over the “moon” to say the lease with story idea after reading the declassified document.

Code named "Project Horizon," a declassified report released today on the 45th anniversary of Neil Armstrong's historic moonwalk outlines the military's detailed plans to install a moon-to-Earth surveillance system that would have been used for "facilitating communications with and observation of the earth." The report that was originally published in 1959 exceeds 100 pages. Project Horizon was a 1959 study by the US Army to establish a fort on the Moon by the year I was born 1967.  A German rocket engineer Heinz-Hermann Koelle led the study. The first people to be part of the fort would be two soldier-astronauts who would land in 1965 and soon more people would follow by 1966 all the cargo, and workers would be in place and colonization of the Moon by 16 soldier would began. (ABC NEWS)

I have taken the idea and the concept a little further in the story that I am developing. My story would open in 2007 exactly 40 years from the establishment of Ft. Jemison. Many of the problems of living on the moon have been solved but moon dust storms are still a problem for residents. The now colonized moon has an estimated 28,000 people living and working together. Man and unmanned trips to the moon are now a regular occurrence. Tourism is one the biggest industry.

I am excited about this book idea so join me as I plot twist and turn to Project Horizon.

Abby

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico