Monday, May 4, 2015

Fashion, Who Am I?


 















Fashion, Who Am I?

 
I often wonder who I am when it comes to fashion. I am definitely a fashion plate or a clothes horse. Nor am I headed that way. While one can be anything they want to be when it comes to fashion, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look nice and have nice clothes.

I often find the nonsense associated with wanting nice clothes to be hypocritical and condescending. I want nice clothes and yes in some ways I want to be a fashion maven. By wanting these things it does not take away from my intelligence or ability to see other things in the world that need changing.

I often want to shake those who can’t see that it’s possible to be socially conscious and fashionable at the same time.  It is possible to focus on Malaria in Africa, donate to earthquake and flood relief , collect coats for kids, feed the homeless and hungry, picket for higher wages and still want to have the latest fashion from France. There is no book that says to focus on anything other than social issues makes you the insensitive or unaware of the world you live in.

I love fashion and I love being socially conscious and see no reason why the two can’t be done together.
 
~Abby
 

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico