Friday, June 20, 2014

A Frog Went A Courtin'


I awoke this morning from the craziest dream. Harkening the days of my childhood, I can only say it is was with fondness that I was flooded with memories of  fairytales. When I think of my slumber  Once Upon A Time is all that comes to mind.

When I was a child my mother use to read my siblings and I at bedtime. Mother would tell the most wonderful stories. Weaving fairytales like a spider’s web, the air always cracked with mysterious tales of mythical proportion. There were no HEA’s (Happily Ever After’s) in many of her fairytales. Mother preferred the original telling of the fairytales. I always loved the fact the witch danced her red shoes off.

But by far my favorite fairytale was “A Frog Went A Courting”. O’ how I loved that story. Mother the story by heart. and soul She could make you believe you were there in the story. She did the voices and dare I say she did the movements to if she took a likening to getting up.

I always had but one question. Where was Uncle Rat’s wife? Surly he was not a bachelor. Such a handsome frog as he? It was a nightly demand that my mother married Uncle Rat to a nice lady.

My mother took my question with a grain of salt. “Abigail-Madison Chase this is my story write your own when you have kids one day.” Though I did have children, I never wrote my own story, though I am still concerned about Uncle Rat.

Which brings me to my dream. I dreamed I was at Uncle Rat’s wedding. O’ what a wonderful dream. All though the dream I could hear my mother’s voice telling the story.

Fairytales never get old.

~Abby~

0 comments:

 
© Abigail Madison Chase

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs at MyGrafico